DID YOU KNOW THAT 10% OF EVERY DOLLAR PAID TO C4 LACROSSE GOES TO HELP THOSE WHO RECEIVE VARIOUS THERAPIES IN THE YORK PA COMMUNITY?
- About 1 in 88 children has been identified with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) according to estimates from CDC’s Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring (ADDM) Network.
- ASDs are reported to occur in all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups.
- ASDs are almost 5 times more common among boys (1 in 54) than among girls (1 in 252).
- Studies in Asia, Europe, and North America have identified individuals with an ASD with an average prevalence of about 1%. A recent study in South Korea reported a prevalence of 2.6%.
- About 1 in 6 children in the U.S. had a developmental disability in 2006-2008, ranging from mild disabilities such as speech and language impairments to serious developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, cerebral palsy, and autism.